Fennel and saffron risotto
- Wash, clean and cut the fennels into slices or small pieces. Flavour them in a pan with a little oil.
- Add a ladle of broth and simmer on medium heat for a few minutes until the broth evaporates and the fennels start to soften.
- Add rice and toast it along with the fennels on high heat while always stirring.
- Dissolve the saffron in a ladle of broth.
- Salt and sprinkle the rice with dry chives, add the broth with the saffron and start cooking your risotto the usual way.
- When the rice is ready remove the pan from the heat, add the grated Parmisan cheese and stir until the rice becomes creamy.